Monday, March 14, 2011

THE TIME HAS COME TO MEET MY LORD

The time has come
to meet my Lord.
I've spent my life
on things abhorred.

I've heard of Christ
and His great life.
I went to church
and ceased from strife.

Is it enough
to be real good?
and not feel bad
'bout where I stood?

I've learned a lot
about this God.
Has this Jesus
taken my rod?

Oh! Make it clear
Come save me still.
I cannot earn
Your great, goodwill.

Let me see love.
You died for me?
I am a rebel
How can this be?

Please make it real
or else I'll die.
Sins awful load
it makes me sigh.

Please pour your love
into my heart.
Then I will know
I'm spiritually smart.

Then I will die
a daily death.
Yes, I will live
for you with each breath.

Don't let me go
another day
without your love
so I don't say,

"The time has come
to meet my Lord.
I've spent my life
on things abhorred."

1 comment:

  1. wow. I like that. a lot. Thanks for sharing. The shortness of life, the fact that any day the time may come to meet my Lord, is an important truth to meditate on often...yet what can I say? I forget easily. How am I living in light of it? Christ is worth every breath! He bought my life; how can I give anything less?

    ReplyDelete