Friday, March 25, 2011

JUST WAR: AMERICA'S VIEW OF THE WORLD'S 'PROBLEM' REGIMES

Here is an interesting video concerning US Presidents and war that I found on Youtube as I was looking up information on the current conflict in Libya. Many questions have risen in my mind recently as I am an Iraq War Veteran and seeing these sorts of conflicts begin disturb me because I know what damage they do to humanity. The great upheavals they cause in families from our nation and the massive amount of sin committed during these operations in the name of freedom is, in my opinion, far too high a price to pay for whatever good we do accomplish. The questions I am mostly concerned with are:
"Is there a such thing as a just war and if so, what are the requirements that would make it just?"
"As Christians, can we serve our country in today's military?"
"Should Christians seek to be involved in our countries politics or not?"

No comments:

Post a Comment