Thursday, March 3, 2011

PILGRIMAGE AND SPRING 2011

I am reading a book called, "With Calvin in the Theater of God: The Glory of Christ and Everyday Life".  I feel a deep groaning within me as I read about John Calvin's life of physical illnesses, his constant moving from city to city and nation to nation due to banishment.  He was confronted several times by godly men to go to certain cities that needed a spiritual leader and he often wanted to decline and choose to study peacefully instead.  He was told that the Lord could find a rebellious servant, just like He found Jonah.  Upon hearing he was being compared to Jonah, he was frightened into service at times.  I thought about myself and how, so often, I just want to sit quietly and read a book and study the Bible.  But I recognize there is much to be done in the labor fields.  Sitting idly by while the world passes into an eternity that has been described as a time of weeping and gnashing of teeth, an eternity of unquenchable fire where the worm does not die and the like is no way to spend the rest of my life here on earth, no matter how short and transient my stay is.  

Spring 2011 is fast approaching.  It's history will forever be written in the books of Heaven and when the day comes for our deeds to be exposed, I do not want this Spring's to read thus, 
"Joe spent his Spring on himself, relaxing and enjoying the weather.  Not terribly worried about the dying world around him, but mostly concerned about his wife's illness and other matters of this world that carried no eternal weight.  Everything he has done during this time is being burned up and nothing is left."
The plan for this Spring has been in the making for a few months now.  I have plenty of www.illbehonest.com business cards with contact information on them to pass out.  I will be ordering, this week, tracts from chapel library to pass out as well.  I have been searching for a place where we can freely distribute them.  I have not formulated a plan as far as where we will be going, but I am certain the Lord will lead when the time to know comes.  We are also throwing around the idea of sending tracts by mail to people around the city.  We are not certain as to where we will get those addresses, but it may be as simple as just getting out the phone book.  We will be praying for the Lord's leading in this.  

If you could, please be praying that Melissa and I would not spend this Spring on ourselves, but would live, as Calvin puts it, "with one foot raised", to take our departure into Heaven when it should please God.  


Liked what you read?  Subscribe!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment