Wednesday, March 16, 2011

A PRAYER

O' God,

Strengthen me and I will be strong.
Lead me in Your path and I will walk in Your ways.
Deliver me from bondage and I will truly be free.
Give me joy and I will be glad.
Destroy my enemies and I will have victory.
Create a clean heart and I will be pure.
Make Yourself known and I will forget my people and my father's house.
Say to my soul, "I am your salvation" and I will exult in Your salvation.
Set Your lovingkindness before my eyes and I will walk in Your truth.
Walk with me and I will fear no evil.
Show me Your glory and I will see Your Son.
Show me Your Son and I will know what love truly is.
Conform my life to His and I will die.
Take out this heart of stone and I will live.
Make me thirsty and I will come to the water of life, without cost.
Make me come to the living water and it will cost me everything.
Come, Lord Jesus, Come.
Amen.

3 comments:

  1. That was wonderful & a blessing to read. I liked it (as evidenced, perhaps, by the fact that I posted a link on my blog--hope you don't mind!) It would pretty neat if this was put to music as a song or something...I don't suppose you ever write music? Praying for you both today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou for posting this prayer! It was a blessing! I will be praying for you and your wife!
    Love in Christ
    Katie Hamilton

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing with us! As Katie said "It was blessing".

    Praying for you while you are away!

    Bethany

    ReplyDelete