Monday, March 7, 2011

GET BACK TO WORK!

I am headed back to work today.  I have been off for a week and it seems like I have been gone for months.  I was encouraged by Psalm 37 this morning.  It read,
Cease from anger and forsake wrath; Do not fret; it only leads to evildoing.  For evildoers will be cut off, but those who wait for the Lord, they will inherit the land.  Yet a little while and the wicked man will be no more; and you will look carefully for his place and he will not be there.  But the humble will inherit the land and will delight themselves in abundant prosperity.
There is a great truth here that I will be meditating on throughout my day today.  Fretting leads to evildoing.  Fretting is closely related to stressing and I said yesterday in church that I readily expect my stress level to rise as the day draws closer to move.  I see here that those who wait for the Lord will inherit the land.  The humble will inherit the land.  Waiting for the Lord is the practical side of being humble.  To stress about things as I do is wrong and leads to evildoing.  When I get stressed, I get short with people.  Please pray for me that I would not just see this truth, but that God would change me from the inside out.  That my life would be one of waiting for the Lord and not one of stressing that things are going to go 'wrong', as if there is such a thing.  We serve a great God who controls all things, what could go wrong?

No comments:

Post a Comment