Thursday, April 14, 2011

A FRIEND ON DEATH ROW

I just received an email from the Death Row Support Project informing me that I will be getting a packet in the mail with the name and information of an inmate on death row in Missouri.  I will be the man's pen pal until he is executed by the state. The program is ran by members of the Church of the Brethren.  The website where you can get more information about this program is as follows:

http://www.brethren.org/site/PageServer?pagename=witness_issues_drsp

I thought it would be a great way to live out the gospel in letters to someone.  These men are often forgotten and unforgiven by most in society and I think this is a great way to show the world that Christians truly do see the souls of men as precious.  God truly did love the world so much that he sent His Son to die for the worst of sinners and I plan on telling this man about that gift.  Please pray whether the Lord would have you do the same.  Signing up is very easy.  Just copy/paste the link above and you can read more about the program.




The man I am going to be writing to has already requested some information on the drug Pentobarbital, the drug being used to kill the inmates. Think of it!  This man has no one to even inform him of the drug that is going to be used to end his life. I cannot imagine the thoughts and feelings this man must be having. Please pray for him, that he would find peace with God through Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment