Tuesday, November 22, 2011

VICTORY OVER SIN

The vanquishing of sin in your life as a Christian is many times held back by God for the purpose of driving you to your knees in prayer, promoting more dependence on God and less dependence upon self.  True fellowship with God is necessary to overcome the sin that so easily entangles you.  Not just biblical truth itself, but actual, secret meetings with God.  Meetings where you take the time to pour out your heart before the Lord, requesting that God use His strong arm on your behalf to destroy any strongholds that the enemy has built up in your life.  Regular meetings with God until you can confidently say with the Psalmist, "I love the Lord because He hears my voice and my prayers for mercy.  Because he bends down to listen, I will pray as long as I have breath!"  Let the fact that God has heard your prayers and vanquished these pockets of resistance in your life be real and practical and not just theoretical.  Dear reader, ask yourself, "Can I truly say with the Psalmist that I will pray as long as I have breath because He hears me?"  Have you set yourself to pray for specific things in your life and continued in prayer until it has been won?  We truly do not have, because we have not truly asked.  Go.  Meet with God and He will deliver.  Depend not upon yourself any longer and you will surely be delivered from whatever it is that is coming in between you and your God.

1 comment:

  1. This is good; yes, very good. Actually just what I needed to read this evening.

    (Forgive my curiosity(sp?)--did you write it?)

    ReplyDelete