Sunday, July 31, 2011

A LOT OF TALK...

I'm not usually one to speak out about politics in any formal fashion, especially on this blog.  But today I feel like I have to.  It seems to me that everyone has an opinion about this debt ceiling 'crisis' going on in Congress right now.  Perhaps, by the time you read this, it will have all been worked out, but I just wanted to express one simple principle.  Many have spoken with me about this controversial topic.  In almost every one of those conversations I ended up asking, "Did you write your Congressman?"  and everyone's answer was, "No".  I do not understand why no one tells their Congressman what they are thinking.  Your Congressman is your voice in Washington.  If there is something to be voted on, and you feel one way about it, you should write your Congressman to let him/her know how you are feeling.  If enough people do this, and view it your way, your Congressman may be swayed to vote that way, thus making your voice heard in Washington.  Many people my age have never said anything via email to their Congressman. They have Facebook directories, Twitter directories and formal directories whereby you can contact them.

To find your representative in the House of Representatives visit this site:  http://www.house.gov/representatives/find/

To find your Senator in the Senate visit this site: http://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm?State=ALL

Please, if you have an opinion on any given topic, voice it to someone who can do something about it.  Why even worry about it, if your not planning on telling anyone who can?

No comments:

Post a Comment